Monday, June 12, 2006

Blog Virgin

It is getting cold here in Buenos Aires, just cannot believe it has been a year since I first set foot in this country! It has been a very hectic year too - organising the wedding in 10 weeks after our arrival, buying our apartment, renovation it, Guillermo setting up his consultancy...and then my travel writing for Next Magazine and my cookery classes. I must be getting the adrenalin from all that Argentine beef and Malbec!!

I am having a lot of fun teaching (sometimes I do wonder if I enjoy the classes more than my students). It is just like having friends over for lunch; we chat away while they watch me cook. (I prefer to keep the size of my class small, 1-3 persons is the ideal size, see http://cablemodem.fibertel.com.ar/laotradimension/) Then we sit down together to enjoy the result. It is a fun and intimate experience. The best time was when we lunched on freshly made profiteroles filled with home-made lavender ice cream in a deep dark pool of chocolate sauce...so naughty yet sooo good!!

I will sort out my camera and start taking pictures...